NEW RIDER COURSE
WHAT TO EXPECTWhen you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
SKILLED RIDER COURSE
WHAT TO EXPECT
Designed solely for experienced riders, this eight-hour 1- or 2-day course is taught by dedicated Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
You’ll learn advanced tips and techniques to help you own the road.
- Control at low speeds
- Risk management
- Limited-space maneuvers
- Cornering judgment
- Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves
- Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects
When you’re done, you’ll not only ride with more confidence than ever, you’ll earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM 2 Completion Card that may qualify you for a discount on motorcycle insurance.